Pages

Search This Blog

Friday, May 4, 2018

The Best Chicken Soup


Yes, I add wine to my chicken soup, I add wine and butter to most things, and I assure you it makes them taste better. To make my stock I use chicken carcasses and bones, boiled in water with 1 Tbsp of stock concentrate for added flavour...This recipe is my go-to winter warmer - enjoy!


The Best Chicken Soup

Ingredients:
250g Carrots
200g Celery
1 Onion
2 cloves Garlic
Handful of fresh Parsley and Basil
60ml Olive Oil/Melted Butter
3 Litres Chicken Stock
1 cup White/Rose wine
2 sprigs fresh Thyme
Meat from 1/2 Roast Chicken
1/4 tsp Smoked Paprika
Salt to taste

Cream and bread to serve

Method:
Roughly chop the carrots, celery, onion, garlic, parsley and basil and blitz together in a food processor until all finely diced.
Place the veggies in a large pot with the olive oil and sauté until just beginning to soften.
Add the chicken stock, wine and fresh thyme, cover and simmer for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Chop up the chicken and add to the soup along with the smoked paprika, stir, taste and add salt if necessary.
Cover and simmer for a further 15 minutes before serving with a dash of fresh cream and crusty bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment