This is a great recipe if you had potatoes last night and have some left over, it's also a great recipe if you didn't. It's a great little dish.
Fish cakes, fish cakes, fish cakes. Say no more
Salmon Fish Cakes
Ingredients: (Makes 10)
- Handful coriander
- Handful dill
- 1 small red onion
- 400g cooked new potatoes
- 420g canned salmon/ 350g cooked, fresh salmon (if using the canned variety, remove excess bones and skin)
- 1 tbs sesame oil
- juice of 1/2 large/1 small lemon
- 1 tbs soya sauce
- 1 large, mild red chilli (chopped and deseeded)
- 1 egg
- oil for frying
- Lemon wedges/sweet chilli sauce and salad for serving
- Pop the coriander, dill and red onion into a food processor and blitz, add the potatoes and blitz a few more times to give you a chunky mash (If you don't have a processor simply chop everything finely and mix together)
- Transfer to a mixing bowl, flake in salmon and add the remaining ingredients, mix well, cover and pop in the fridge for 1/2 an hour.
- Shape into 10 medium-sized fish cakes.
- Pour a good glug of oil into a non-stick frying pan and place on med-high heat. Fry the fish cakes in batches, turning 2-3 times until browned and crisp on the outside, about 10 mins.
- Serve with salad.