This is my fail-safe, when in doubt, easy to do, always delicious (you get the point) mid-week dinner: Mediterranean Chicken casserole. It takes about 10 minutes to put together and is a one-pot wonder. Perfect with couscous or mash, what more could you ask for?
Mediterranean Chicken Casserole
Ingredients: (serves 4)
- 8 chicken thighs
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 packet/20 Calamata olives (stoned)
- 2 red onions
- 1 tin tomatoes
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 tbs sugar
- 6 sprigs rosemary
- salt and pepper
- couscous/mashed potato to serve
- Preheat oven to 190*C
- Put a non-stick pan on med-high heat and fry the thighs, in batches, skin-side down for 3-4 minutes until nicely browned. Remove and pop into a casserole dish.
- Thinly slice garlic, cut onions into 8ths and mix together with olives, tinned tomato, wine, sugar and rosemary and pour over chicken. Grind over a little of salt and pepper and cover with foil/lid.
- Put in the oven for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake for a further 45 minutes.
- Serve with couscous/ mash.
- Easy peasy.